Miami is located on the Atlantic coast, so expect typical tropical weather. During the spring, temperatures can fluctuate, so be prepared for warm or cool days and nights. Note: Check weather forecasts.
I suggest trolley luggage’s because of its rolling feature, but make sure to select a bag that meets airline requirements.
Typically, airlines allow one small carry-on bag that will be placed in the plane’s overhead. It should not exceed an overall dimension of 45 inches. (22” long x 14” wide x 9” tall)
Personal Item (Day Bag):
Your personal bag must be smaller than your carry-on bag and should fit under the seat in front of you. (Example: briefcase, messenger bag, laptop bag, tote bag).
These packing cubes are very useful and convenient, as they are lightweight and organize items into categories. It divides your luggage into compartments as well as condenses all of your items.
Toiletries Bag (Dopp Kit)
A Dopp kit is a small toilet bag made of leather, vinyl, or cloth, that is used for storing men’s grooming tools for travel. (Read More on Dopp Kit.)
- Jacket / Hoodie
- Light Cardigan
- Long-Sleeved Shirts
- Casual Shirts
- Dress / Formal Shirts
- Jeans / Khakis
- Dress Slacks
- Shorts & Swim Shorts
- Tank Top
- Ties & Tie Bar
- Undershirts | Boxers/Underwear | Socks
- Dress Shoes / Loafers
- Flip-flops or Sandals
- Straw Hat
- Beach Towel
- Travel Size Umbrella
- Toothbrush and Paste
- Mouth Wash
- Gel / Wax / Mousse
- Razor & Shaving Cream
- Hair Dryer
- Shampoo / Conditioner
- Shower Gel / Soap
- Cologne (1 Million & Burberry touch)
- Face/Body Sunscreen
- After-sun alove vera gel
- Anti Bacterial Hand Sanitizer
- Chap stick / Lip Balm, with SPF 15
- First Aid Kit
- Contact Lens Kit (Solution & Lens Case)
- Aspirin or Advil
- Prescription Glasses (with case)
- Prescription Medicine
- Pen & Notepad
- Cigarette / Cigar (Cigar Cutter)
- Cell Phone: I travel with my iPhone 6 Plus and I’ve loaded it with travel-related apps.
- Tablet: I carry my iPad to explore destinations.
- Laptop: I carry my Mac Book Air 13” to back up my photos.
- Camera: I carry my DSLR 7D or 5D M2. I also carry my Fuji Film X100S
- Chargers: Cell Phone, Tablet, Laptop.
- Extra: Headphones, Car Charger, Aux Cable, and Cell Phone Holder for GPS.
Things you don’t think about:
- Wallet / Passport / Identification Card
- Hotel Confirmation
- Plane Tickets / Confirmation
- Call credit card and debit card company to inform them about travel plans